This is the privacy notice of Poppy Jewellery. In this document, ‘Poppy Jewellery” or “we”, “our”, or “us” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 51 Dunbar Street, Burghead, Elgin IV30 5XQ UK. Our company registration number is SC298944 registered in Scotland. Poppy Jewellery is a trading name of Poppy Design & Graphics Limited.
At Poppy Jewellery your privacy is very important to us, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our web site. We only use the information that we collect about you carefully either as part of the online ordering process or if you choose to sign up for our enews. In particular, we want you to know that we are not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
We only use the information we collect about you carefully, lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
If you wish to unsubscribe at anytime please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with unsubscribe in the subject heading or via the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
What data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- your contact details: full name, postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address
- purchases and orders made by you
- you may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery or a gift message, for example)
- your enewsletter preferences
- other information relating to offers
- a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us, so we can track any problems that may occur
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- fullfilling any orders placed via our web site poppyjewellery.com
- internal record keeping
- to enable Poppy Jewellery to manage customer service interactions with you including answering any queries or correspondence
- for market research purposes – to better understand your needs
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
Information relating to your method of payment
- Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. Our employees never have access to it. When you make a payment with us for our products, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of Stripe or Paypal and it is not controlled by us.
How we protect information
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment.
Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology is used for protection of information in transit for any sensitive transations such as payments.
We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via one of our contracted third party service providers either Paypal or Stripe.
What you can do to help protect your data
Poppy Jewellery will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Poppy Jewellery asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Poppy Jewellery and more generally:
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
When someone visits www.poppyjewellery.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold at any time. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Poppy Jewellery, 51 Dunbar Street, Elgin IV30 5XQ or email us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete or would like us delete your information, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect or remove as requested by you.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to external websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Last updated: 5 May 2018